What information do we collect?
- Information you provide to us when you use the Platform, including your contact information, your login and password used to access the Platform, credit card information, information from services that you link to your The Axle Workout account, and information about people you communicate with through the Platform.
- Information about the computers and devices you use to access the Platform, including their location.
How do we use your personal information?Orders / Recommendations
- To process your orders and fulfill your requests.
- To recommend products and services based on your measurements.
- To provide our products and the Platform to you.
- To deliver your purchases.
- To send you emails, newsletters and other marketing communications.
- To tell you about offers we think you will value.
- To protect the security of the Platform.
- To enforce our terms and conditions.
- To conduct market research and audience analysis, which allows us to understand who our customers are and the products/services they would like us to provide.
- To provide certain information to our business clients.
- To customize the content and advertising you see on the Platform and to recognize you as a previous visitor.
Why do we use your personal information?
- To allow us to satisfy our contractual obligations to you.
- When you have given us your consent for these uses or otherwise in connection with our business.
- We or our business clients have legitimate business interests in engaging in these activities and it may not be feasible to obtain your consent. We protect your rights by notifying you of this use, notifying you of your rights, and limiting the amount of information we use to only what is needed to fulfill these purposes.
Who do we share with your personal information?
- Other The Axle Workout businesses: We may share information with our affiliates where acceptable under applicable law.
- Third Party service providers: We instruct other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf. Examples include processing payments, sending e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and responding to customer service requests.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired or merge with another company, we will share your Personal Information with that company.
How long do we keep your personal information?We keep your information until you ask us to delete it. Once you ask us to delete your information, we will only keep your information as needed to fulfill our legal obligations or if it is in our legitimate interests to do so. Your rights and choices We provide you with the ability to opt-out of promotional messages and interest-based advertising. If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to:
- Access the information we have about you and to request that we correct or update it as needed.
- Request a copy of the information we have about you.
- Request that we delete the information we have about you.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your information or request that we limit how we use your information.
Transfers of Personal Information to the United StatesThe Axle Workout’s headquarters are in the United States where the privacy laws may not be as protective as the laws in your country. We protect your information when it is transferred out of your country using both contracts and industry standard security measures.
- Register to create an account;
- Use the Platform to update your information;
- Sign up for a subscription;
- Purchase items through the Platform;
- Use our products or services;
- Participate on a blog;
- Enter into promotions;
- Inquire about the Platform;
- Sign up for email updates or to receive our newsletter and/or advertisements; or
- Are referred to us by a friend or through a marketing promotion.
- Your IP address or other unique identifier for your Device.
- Device type.
- The type of browser software and operating system you are using.
- The web page(s) you have accessed, and the time you accessed them.
- Product and Network usage Logs for error detection and support
How do we use your personal information?We use the information we collect about you to provide you with products and services, to improve your experience, and to enforce our rights. We use the Personal Information we collect about and from you:
To perform our responsibilities under a contract we have with you. For example:
- If you purchase goods or services using the Platform, we will need to use your Personal Information to process your order and to enable delivery;
When we or our business clients have a legitimate interest in such use. For example:
- To prevent fraud and protect the security of the Platform;
- To communicate updates and improvements;
- To carry out market research and Platform analytics;
- To develop and optimize our products and services;
- To send you marketing communications about products and services we offer that are similar to products and services you have purchased from us;
- To help us provide and operate the Platform;
- To provide our business clients with analytics, artificial intelligence, recommendations, audience segments regarding consumer’s use of the Platform or our products and services; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
With your consent. For example:
- We send certain marketing communications to you only if you consent to receive them.
- We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
- With your consent, we use your information to personalize your The Axle Workout experience, including: to tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you such as personal training, wellness coaching, weight management, custom tailoring or ergonomic solutions, product recommendations (such as clothing, shoes, accessories, seating, etc.), 3D printed mannequins, statues, or models, medical services, insurance, or biometric security.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?We share your information with our affiliates and service providers. We will also share your information if we reorganize our business. We will share Personal Information as necessary to enforce our legal rights or meet our legal obligations. We may share your Personal Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Third Party Service Providers: We use third parties to help us provide the Platform to you. Third parties we use for Platform hosting, data analytics, payment processing, email, marketing, customer service and other services will access your Personal Information to help us provide these services to you. We will provide your Personal Information to these third-party service providers when the information is necessary for them to perform their duties. For example we will share bank details and credit card information with payment providers (such as WePay and Stripe) that process customer payments (where applicable).
- Business Transfers: We will share your Personal Information if we are acquired by or enter into a merger with another company, or otherwise reorganize our business. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
Transfers of personal information to the U.S.Your Personal Information will be transferred to our United States headquarters. We take measures to protect privacy when data is transferred. The Axle Workout has its headquarters in the United States of America. Information we collect from you will be processed in the United States. The laws of the United States may not protect the privacy of your information at the same level as provided by the laws of your country. In an effort to safeguard individual privacy, The Axle Workout enters into agreements using standard contract clauses, approved by the European Commission, with our service providers and Affiliates that transfer Personal Information to the United States. You will not lose any rights or choices you have about the use of your Personal Information when it is transferred to the United States.
Storage of your personal informationWe keep your information until you ask to delete it. Once you ask to delete your information, we will only keep your information as needed to fulfil our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or take other actions permitted by law. We will generally store your information until you ask us to delete it, or until your account is deleted, whichever comes first; but there are some exceptions to this general rule. We will retain information from deleted accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, process warranty claims, distribute important product information (such as recall information), enforce our agreements, and take other actions permitted by law. You can request deletion of your Personal Information at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below.
Security MeasuresWe use technical and organizational security measures to protect your information, but we cannot guarantee they will be 100% effective. We use a variety of current technologies and processes and maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards for the protection of our customer data. We maintain a private database on our servers for the storage of all information collected through the Platform. It is our practice to use encryption whenever we receive or transmit sensitive data. We use encryption technology to ensure the secure transmission of any personal information you provide while using the Platform. All transactions completed through the Platform are conducted using 2048-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible, will ask that any third parties to whom we may transfer your information take comparable steps to protect that security. Although we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your information will always be secure. Email is not a secure form of communication. Please do not send us your credit card number, social security number or other Personal Information via email.
Your rights and choicesWe provide you with the ability to opt-out of promotional messages and interest-based advertising. If you are in the EEA, you have the right to access the information we have about you, as well as the right to request that we correct it, complete it, erase it, stop using it, or transfer it to you. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org You can stop receiving promotional communications from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such communication you receive. You can also email email@example.com. See “Advertising” above to learn how to view and opt-out of certain interest-based advertising. If you are in the EU, you have certain rights related to the Personal Information we hold about you:
- Access. You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you. If you wish to obtain a copy or description of the Personal Information we hold about you, please use our Subject Access Request form, located at: If you are unable to use the form, you may send your request to our Data Protection Officer (e.g., email or by post) using the contact details set out below. In either case, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide further details about your request.
- Accuracy. We will do our best to ensure the Personal Information we retain about you is accurate. We may from time to time send you an email update to remind you to tell us about any updates or changes to your Personal Information. You have the right to request that any inaccurate Personal Information is corrected and any incomplete information is completed by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below.
- Deletion and Processing Restriction Requests. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we hold about you. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. If you would like us to erase or stop processing the Personal Information that we hold about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below.
- Portability Requests. You have the right to request that we provide certain parts of your Personal Information to you or transmit it directly to another company that processes Personal Information. If you would like us to transfer your Personal Information, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below.
- Withdrawing Your Consent to Receive Marketing Messages. You may ask us to stop using your Personal Information for advertising or marketing purposes at any time. If you wish to do this, please follow the removal instructions in any communication you receive, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Unsubscribe in the subject line.